AquaKote™ Coated Folding Carton Board is a high wet-strength sheet used primarily for beverage packaging applications. Available in a wide range of calipers, AquaKote™ Coated Folding Carton Board is designed to provide package integrity, line efficiency and performance in high-humidity conditions in filling line production, distribution and usage.
Food Contact Compliant
FDA and EU compliant for contact with aqueous and fatty foods, as well as dry foods.
Excellent Printability and Glue Adherence
AquaKote™ Coated Folding Carton Board provides a superior printing surface that is engineered to deliver excellent print results and a cleaner running press. AquaKote™ is made from solid unbleached sulfate kraft fiber with a blend of virgin and recycled fiber. Three layers of clay coating provide a clean surface for high-quality graphics with a naturally beautiful brown back. AquaKote™ is engineered as a high wet-strength sheet that provides high stiffness with high resistance to tear, puncture and corner crush and provides efficient, reliable performance on packaging lines.
Consistent Performance in a Variety of Converting Processes
Carefully monitored board production and testing ensures that AquaKote™ Coated Folding Carton Board will run consistently well in all of your printing and converting operations.
AquaKote™ is engineered to provide superior tear resistance when wet, while at the same time having excellent dry tear resistance. The AquaKote™ triple clay coated surface allows for beautiful graphic reproduction for eye-catching packages. AquaKote™ Coated Folding Carton Board is time proven for multiple packaging in wet environments and performs well on high-speed multiple packaging lines. AquaKote™ is created with an optimum blend of virgin and recycled fiber, and is recyclable and naturally biodegradable. SUS™ carrier board technology developed by Graphic Packaging International.
Environmental and Safety
- Complies with California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (California Proposition 65)
- Complies with European Union Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Contains no REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) at levels above the 0.1% threshold
- Complies with CONEG/Toxics in Packaging laws and with Article 11 of the EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive (94/62/EC)
Food Contact Compliance (USA)
- 21 CFR 176.170 (components of paper and paperboard in contact with aqueous and fatty foods)
- 21 CFR 176.180 (components of paper and paperboard in contact with dry foods)
Food Contact Compliance (EU)
- Article 3 of Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, as applicable
- Manufactured in accordance with Commission Regulation (EC) No 2023/06 on good manufacturing practice for materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- Mills are third-party certified to the ISO 9001: Quality Management System standards